Monday, July 5, 2010

Just some thoughts on Missions

It´s the day after the 4th of July and living in a foreign country kinda takes the thrill and excitement from the holiday. In fact I didn´t realize it was the 4th until I read what my friends from the States were logging on Facebook. I listened to Ray Charles sing ¨America the Beautiful¨and tried to get into my patriotic spirit. I guess since we are pilgrims and foreigners in this planet, our devotion needs to be about God´s kingdom. Pride for ones country is valid, but how do we celebrate being citizens of Gods kingdom?
On another front, we took a couple of days to go to Morelia to visit Eli and speak at his church. What a blessing to see it grow from the conception in the front room of Eli´s mothers house. The church is growing and impacting the city and surronding area. The next day we had lunch with Pastor Moy and Linda in Irapuato where we started our first church. They are getting ready to open a Christian High School which will be the first in the city. They are packing out their auditorium every Sunday morning and have started a second service to accomadate the people.
Here in Saltillo our new church is starting to grow. It has been slow and a challenge of patience for me. The people here just don´t seem to understand how great of a guy I really am and that God has given me lots of wisdom and love for people. (LOL) Life on the mission field has its challenges. It would be great if folks back home would have the same passion and enthusiasm about missions as the missionary does. But God, the one who calls is the one who provides and meets every need. He is the Lord of the Harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment