Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saying good bye

It is time to wrap up my stay here in Morelia, pastor Eli is back in the saddle and is ready to go at it again. There is a cell meeting that went to every Friday in a colonia on the opposite side of the city. It has been wonderful to see the group grow to about 20 each friday. Sometimes a missionary shares and prays for people without knowing what if anything is going on until it is time to say "goodbye" and people begin to say what your life means to them. I heard stories of lives being touched, bodies healed and circumstances changed since my weekly visit with them. It brought tears to my eyes knowing that this is the reason for living, bringing God's kingdom and love to needy people. Last night was time to say "goodbye" to my new friends in Mariano Escobedo. Pure joy to see the smiles on their faces, joy in their hearts and the presence of God on their lives. Jesus said, "I am with you always even unto the end of the earth." Sometimes we don't know the difference we make in someones life until it is time to say "Goodbye."

1 comment:

  1. I know your time there has been good. It must be hard to say goodbye...and yet, God has more to do for you somewhere else. May He crown all your efforts with success!

    ReplyDelete